Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Events

barry_1
Super Contributor
1)On a day that the major shares went south,property is doing very well thank you,even with the strong Rand.Both APA and APB units last day to trade is the 16 of Nov.Their interest were up by 11% from the last quarter.In my opinion these are a hold for long periods of time.If u buy Monday u can still get in on the interest income(taxable) which is over 8% yearly.There will be no interest increase till AXC passes 75 cents per unit,which in my opinion,might take another twelve months and therefore APB unit price is not likely to rise much above R20 for that period.Probably this is why the FORECAST rates it a HOLD abd not a BUY.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
I don't hold the units ,but hold the installment units,which give u the same interest income as the full units but at a lower price.These units are to be rolled over automatically into new units and in my opinion we shall receive more installment units than we are now holding,another good reason to be in at this time.Each year the interest is likely to grow so there is something to look forward to in future.On the 27 of Nov the rollover will take place for APASIC,APBSIC and GRTSIC.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
3)AXC sneaked in a payment of 3 cents a unit,which caught me by surprise as i did not expect any payment for another three months at least.AXC is now around R8 per unit(there are no installments yet).APB is paying 41.25 cents per unit and its price is around R20.So this in my opinion only tells me that when AXC reaches 75 cents per unit it should be worth at least R30 per unit.THIS IS WHERE THE CAPITAL GROWTH WILL OCCUR,so would be worth in this second phase stocking up gradually in them.The idea is that APA is the safest,APB less safe as APA is payed first if there are not enough funds(this has never happened in this excellent fund and APC only gets interest when above R3.00 as is happening now.It could take up to eighteen months or sooner to reach its 75cents target.Only my opinion. I hold APB and am buying further APC from time to time.DONT BUY WITH OUT DOING YOUR OWN RESEARCH.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
THE CODE FOR APEXHI C IS AXC AND NOT APC,my mistake sorry!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Dear oh dear,yet another mistake by me the 41.25 cents is per quarter therefore yearly the payout for the B unit is R1.65 and in the second stage for the AXC units is going to be 75 cents per year ,which is 18 cents per quarter.There for after a year AXC price is only likely to be in the region of ten rand.After reaching R3.75 for all as i understand it the C units will receive the greatest part of all payments over that amount as they are supposed to carry the greatest risk and then its price will rise faster than either the A or B units and the capital worth fastest.sorry!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Barry I copied this from their website. Hope it helps. From 56,75 cents to 75,00 cents per quarter (R2,27 to R3,00 per annum) A units receive 45% of the income distribution B units receive 55% of the income distribution C units do not participate From 75,00 cents to 93,75 cents per quarter (R3,00 to R3,75 per annum) A units receive 33,75 cents (R1,35 per annum) B units receive 41,25 cents (R1,65 per annum) C units receive the balance of the income distribution, to a maximum of 18,75 cents (R0,75 per annum) Above 93,75 cents per quarter (R3,75 per annum) A units receive 36% of the income distribution B units receive 44% of the income distribution C units receive 20% of the income distribution
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
perfectly correct,only excuse i can offer that i was tired after a long hard week of trading.Thanks
0 Kudos