Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Expected general market direction this week (Starting 25th Aug)

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I thought of posting this comment to see what the consensus of the general market direction will be this week, any ideas? We have some issues around the world that don't help, but some shares are not doing too badly lately but others a bit wild. so what does everyone say. up or down, bull or bear?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
samoa
Super Contributor
Werner,I will stick my finger in the fan and predict a mildly bullish week,led by MTN and BHP,both recovering from overreaction.(exdiv and restructuring).Monthend a bit unpredictable.The dashboard in my *****pit sounds no alarms other than those known.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I think you may be right, it seems that the markets open stronger but fade, this concerns me for bullish direction... I will have to see whats going to happen, but i think flattish or down. lets see.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I am in a nice place where it matters not whether it goes up or down...but i would like to see a better downward move to the the 200 EMA...But if you asking for a prediction, then based on the daily charts, trend intact and market going up.
0 Kudos
Parttimer
Frequent Contributor
I'm taking a holiday until the markets got some direction. This ping pong stuff is driving me nuts. I'll take the girls way out and say that I'm fundamental investing for the next couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
crossover on 15 min ALSI chart yesterday.... 7/21 lazy ALSI
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and easy 300+ points per contract on 15 min...daily chart difficult to trade on ALSI, but clear trade on DOW daily.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no idea where we going, but if Topi is green close today I will go long ALSI at 5
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so I long ALSI as of 5pm yesterday ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And I long ALSI all time frames.....
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Stop loss for this campaign @ 45800?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ok, ya, so we didn't go anywhere this week.... these are the closes on the charts i saw from last friday and today 51197, 50965
0 Kudos