Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Exploration companies.

barry_1
Super Contributor
1) Exploration companies have not got down to the nitty-gritty of mining in any large degree and usually the work in the initial phases is done by contractors,with many technical experts and geologists running around!So at this phase no worry with striking unions,tax implications etc.Which brings me to JBL which is a Canadian firm with it would seem deep pockets.Nickel's price has been soaring for some time and although it can be volatile ,it would seem if it is not likely to return to the very lows again.Many investors have asked how can we as South Africans score as there are few opportunities of owning a nickle mine as well as a new source of copper.JBL has struck it rich with a good quantity of nickel and copper over a distance of ten kilometers in Madagascar,which is going to turn into a very good ore body in a couple of years.After Madagascar is a part of Africa that drifted away,so there should be many more minerals there.It has not been well explored up to now.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
2)JBL is exploring platinum deposits on the Western Rim of the bushveld complex and has agreements in place with Angloplats.On the eastern side they have the TJATE consession that ajoins IMPs Marula Mine.they have agreed to explore this further as they are both very excited about the prospects.The other day as i was riding past the Marula mine on the way to Polokwane i passed a Jubilee workers bus turning off the road onto the Marula road....3)Have u noticed how Anooraq and Jubilee keep going up even when the majors are faultering b'cos of the strike which now seems a looming reality.Hope they will settle....4)Have a look at the previous post as well.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
PS.i hold only Anooraq and JBL now having sold out or AGLSTA,IMPSTA and AMS calls today .Only when the strike is settled will i re-enter.Made good profits,but hesitated too long today,then the profits would have been great!!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry. Excellent as usual. We sold 25% of IMPSTA yesterday at 24850. Will hold the rest now, probably until after LDT. Kinda wish we'd sold the lot now, but you never know do you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Barry We lookin for a resource junior for our portfolio (an for the old bat's rainy day account too). Basically a small investment that can be left to mature. Reckon this'l do - doncha think? Much obliged for the sage advice agin, dude.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I think the market looks tired(overheated). What do you think,Barry? I'm gonna stay mainly in cash for a while. Big bargains to come after the correction. Sorry,no dates available.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes agree,unless special circumstances prevail with a share,i would stay outa the market for this month.Last year prices were at their lowest in July,with hinfdsight could have made a killing if had bought at that time,but was so despondent that i was paralysed with fear of a further downturn.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Err i might not have gotten away with calling my late mother-in-law that.U are a brave,brave man indeed!Yes a very good share for the long term.Best to buy on the lows.There are agreements to form JVs with various major companies so it ought to be safe.
0 Kudos