Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Exx......

ms
Contributor
looks good to me,now broken that vicious downtrend line........it is off to alltime highs we go now?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Italiano
Occasional Contributor
See post by Barry but be carefull!.......or quite!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
market thought 4.5% down was enough for one day tomorrow is another day. this is a good share but wait for it to turn with some good volume behind it.
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
barry where is yr post cant find it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hang-on OKES, you talking about PPC or EXX?
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
EXX........
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
A big jump today with low volume..i'm abit concerned
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok, Barry is the resident guru on PPC, TOM does EXX
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
tom smashed EXX
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok, since we're definately talking about EXX . . . ms - there was no vicious downtrend. A few days ago there was quite a detailed discussion about EXX just before it broached 160. Based on Elliot Wave analysis and Fibonacci retracements, a pullback to around the 135 mark was anticipated by several forumites. And I believe some (preston? maggie?) believe it might still pull back to below 130.
I concur Tom, this sudden blast off to over 140 is a bit thin. If I had Barnard's cahunas I would short it and get in at 135 - again . . .
I think SSF profits should have been taken at closing today. Only My Opinion. If the dollar weakens some more then maybe she'll continue flaring up tomorrow?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
AvS, my prediction that EXX will weaken was based on two criteria 1) If Eskom get its proposed tariff hike, this will become an additional variable cost burden on the cost of production. Gold has weaken since its highs. 2) Secondly MACD has cross over into "sell". Well done Tom for calling EXX. You made these guys some money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anybody see the gap?
0 Kudos
John_the_Baptis
Contributor
GO YOU GOOD THING!!! Ok, where do you smart folk see this stopping? Is a pull back still on the cards or do you think it will push through to see the 160 range again?
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
ahhhhh,i guess a jump with not much volume means be careful!!!!!
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
ahhhhh,i guess a jump with not much volume means be careful!!!!!
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Is EXX doing the A,B,C thingy after Elliot 1-5?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Given the current theory, it seems 'A' was around 132 - 'B' could be anything from 140 to 160 *IF* we're in consilidation phase that is.
I'm re-looking at this because I'm not quite convinced about the minor wave3. Wave3 is normally the longest and steadiest of the 5. And this seems to suggest that we MIGHT have lumped the minor wave3 into minor wave1 which could maybe just possibly suggest that the 'real' wave3 peaked at 160-ish. Therefore, the supposed wave5 which should follow on from that could be aiming for 178. And THEN followed by an ABC.
hmm. No wonder they call it SPECULATION!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
isn't the generally held view that elliott wave only 'works' for an index, not individual stocks ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, that could very well be true on the JSE. Elliot Wave Theory relies on the human psyche, and obviously, the more humans are involved in the price movement, the better the probabilities of it being 'correct'.
Most stocks on the JSE do not have sufficient volume in order for EWT to 'work', which is why it applies mostly to the indices. However, the bigger individual stocks do submit to EWT quite nicely.
0 Kudos