Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Exxaro ready to blast off!!!!

Tom168
Frequent Contributor
What all you guys think with this share?
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
SKALA
Super Contributor
I have missed the resourse run because wrongly did not believe the trend that still is very visiable. If I look at EXX from 22 Jan 08, seems retrace comes down to about 62% every time, so if pattern is repeated now, should go down to about 127, looks to me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exx has been the utmost fun to trade. im currently short until the the above mentioned retracement...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The upward trending resistance line is also just under R130.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yup, agree. I'm waiting for this one to pull back below R130 before buying in again
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Seems like the retrace to below 130 not going to happen soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skala, see comments by Barry on CZA, and Starsky on coal exports. The rumours might push the share down a bit, but real facts might do even worse.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
AVS, I did see Barry's comments, and I hold hid views in high regard. What does your comment actually mean? Is there possibly problems brewing and should we move out of coal? Is this possibly why SNU is falling today? I hold CZA and SNU.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
Yeah, I like it. Bought some at 55 rand on the 2nd of Janaury 2006. In a year an a half profits are up at 155%. What makes you say that it would take off?
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
yippy..i bought 100 contracts at 13400c. now is 14100c! Target will be R 150 before it retraces. I think for the long term it is a super share. Definately a R200 share in a years time. I follow the elliot wave theory and use fibonaaci when to get in and out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Tom168, can you recommend any educational books on Fibonaaci.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not a bad way to make what 40k???
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
Fibonacci Applications and Strategies for Tradersby:Robert Fischer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks I'll look at it at let you know the outcome.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fibs I believe in, What do you guys see in Elliots?
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
A elliot wave in a bull market has 5 waves(up,down,up,down,up)followed by three correction phrase. Depending on the characteristic of the share, normally i use fibonnaci to track the bottom of each down move...8 out of 10 times it bounces of the 61.8% retracement. In conjuntion with that if stocastic is low when the share bounces off the 61.8 then 90% of the time it will shoot up without lagging. Implats, exxaro, billiton are the most accurate..been using this strategy for the last few years and helped me made lots of cash.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanx for sharing your system, Tom. I have just downloaded, erm, I mean purchased the book and have started reading it.
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Good call Tom168, One of few that shot up yesterday. Where do you currently position it in the Elliot wave steps?
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
we in the start of wave three. wave 3 always has a longer distance move than in wave 1. Remember inside wave 3 there is another five lttle waves(up,down,up, down, up).A share will never go up on a straight line...Target would be around 155 rand for the coming weeks
0 Kudos