Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FICA (financial intelligence centre act) and banks. Many registrations for trading etc?

Not applicable
When i applied to trade i had to submit proof of address and id to standard bank which is fine as this is required by law. However some time ago i did the same for my stand. bank bank acc and was told the unit trust division would also receive the info. This was not the case and it seems that one has to send separate fica info (proof of address, id) to the unit trust division, to the linked product division(stanlib wealth management)to the bank for your bank acc, to the online trading division etc. Could the bank not have a fica centre and give the info to all stand bank departments from there?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Whatsup
Contributor
Eddie, Eddie that would be too simple, imagine how many people that would put out of work? The bank would battle to justify their exorbitant fees, pity the world banking meltdown did not hit our banks as they are due a wake up call.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bwahahahah...Eddie you would think so...I have had to fica bonds, unit trusts, current accounts, credit cards, business accounts and everytime I ask for forex all with the same branch of std bank...its a ficing nightmare
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Is there a business opportunity in this, to create a FICA-KYC centre, where all the checks can be done for you to make sure you are who you say you are, that you have authority to transact and that your money comes from a legitamite source, who can create a certificate of varification, which can be forwarded to all and sundry who wants to know whenever you transact, to save you the b-ache of finding all those papers and certifying them for every silly thing that you try to do with your money.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there is a AltX company doing just that. on a global scale, had them on my show a few weeks back - but can't remember the name right now ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Could it be Onelogix, holder of Postnet?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Godamned idiots. And everytime I FICA at some godamned bank my junk mail and phone spam goes thru the roof. Godamned basta*ds.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Please don't hold back Brazen. You sound a little frustrated, and hubby wants bacon. I'm seeing the golden thread here.
0 Kudos