Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FOR SIMON - account loggin

Not applicable
Simon, welcome back first of all, hope you are well rested.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Simon, now for a reaaly interesting question. I had some problems with my account since yesterday afternoon. I was merrily logged in and got auto logged ou. came back a few hours later and tried logging in. Gave me a really weird error about ODBC driver errors from OST side and something about a "unable to post NULL DATA" (sent email to securities email address.
Called the help desk and they said sorry account does not exist?????
They said the account existed under another log in number but not the one I have been using daily for the past few months.
Also I have the orriginal email from OST side stating the account login number and temp password #the one I have used and does not exist). (I sent this to support desk as well for attention Lindsay)
so now today I have logged in under the NEW (supposed always existing account that I hae never used) and all is pretty much the same.
hassel I had was trying to cancel a trade order I placed yesterday but as market swung fast I could not log in to cancel the trade order. Lindsay did manage to cancel it for me via phone. Question, I am not going to pay for the phone trade as it was not my fault I could not log in?
Next question, seeing the log in details I have used (very succesfully to log in almost dainly) for some time now never existed according to the OST system, can I have all my trades reset since when ever this account stopped existing? ;-)
Could you investigate and tell me why the account never existed but I used it succesfully for many months and why suddenly the account "disappeared"...tnx
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Along with his money as he himself never actually ever placed a trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, that would also be true... If my account never existed I suppose I never could have placed those trades then ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah you probably have to make at least 1 trade every 6 months otherwise your account gets deleted...who knows %-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have lawyer friend who deals in identy theft.. I think you should talk to him this sounds like a classic case. LOL
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My guess is you might get a one of those blue pens and a signed black and white copy of a photo of Simon in an orange tie.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
And while I too is amused by this all, Simon still has not responded (he's back from holidays) - wonder if he had any success with the conciliation with Chartist... (hope not)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you don't pay for canceling a trade, or placing over the phone (only for successful trades). So that moot. As for the rest, it is being investigate , but I travel extensively over the next 2 weeks, so not really in the loop - will try an see what's what.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tnx Simon, would be great to know why it happened but if you are away could who ever your second in charge (if there is such a Simon clone) please keep me updated.
0 Kudos