Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FOS...Eish..

john_1
Super Contributor
Add "Trend Following" by Micheal W Covel to that book list.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
who said anything about timing he was talking dirrection only. sell short if it is falling and buy if it is rising, not the other way round, no timing just momentum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Timing the market? Of course I am. In the last week I have made some sweet profits shorting M&R, Omnia, Datatec, Aveng, oh yes and I have made good on Sappi in a long position. It's called TA (abbreviation for "let the market speak").
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh yes and if I had listened to fat cat analists I would not have shorted M&R as apparently it is one of the five "deep value" stocks on the JSE.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John please elaborate on your tax strategy.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dividends vs capital gain. I take dividends.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Victors I don,t hold any "10 year" shares. That was just an example I used with John. As long as a I believe that a company continues to have good long term economic prospects I am happy to hold them indefinitely. Sure there will be times when business is not so great, but that is business. You can't expect the business environment to be good all of the time. And yes, I do believe that a share is worth more than the market is pricing it at when I decide to buy it. Why else would I buy it? PS "Intelligent Investor"- Benjamin Graham is a great read.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have heard several stories from friends who work at some of these retailers about how far they will be missing targets this year. Its hair-raising. Buying these stocks now would really be LONG-TERM. Good for you if you have that kind of patience. I leave that kind of strategy for my property investments.
0 Kudos