Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FSR-Whats wrong

platsak
Super Contributor
All banks up except Firstrand. Any negative sentiment o news out there?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Preston
Super Contributor
The reason FSR is down is because RMH is down.Positive correlation
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Yes, positive corr... but that's not the reason.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
DC Trader do you know the reason?
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Well in my view as much as we like to think we know the market as well as we do,we cant not quite really say who the sellers are.Who knows maybe some granny needs her money Today.She might have a large holding and is selling her FSr's.Basically What i am trying to say maybe there is not really a reason just random supply and demand
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Or maybe there is?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Just short it and u won't have a problem. Next stop R15 or so.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
No clue... but FSR isn't going down cos RMBH is going down. They like peas in a pod those 2. Guessing it's cos there was/is some financial info and results coming out of UK today. The usual credit babble and credit default and all that fancy jazz... given up trying to make sense of it all.
0 Kudos
mehroon
Frequent Contributor
My daughter and I are both in FSR and RMH. It is a torture to watch their price performaance, especially after the strong recommendations by most experts on these.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Maybe you can enjoy the div's.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
hi Micky,i see 8 experts all say buy,i'll buy for sure nearer its final div, in the latter part of the year,but at the moment feel absa is the strongest buy ,but i usually sell after it goes ex div....up to now standard has not performed up to expectations,how ever i can now see its getting direction and this is where i'm now going to focus my banking efforts...nedbank is really too volatile to consider this year...only my opinion!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Today and tomorrow's Hedge fund play: "sell FSR buy SBk"?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
hey poet,seer,profit,thats darn good,now put,John,Chartist,Makadir,Preston in youy next post?
0 Kudos