Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FSR and ASA-Near or on support levels. Is it time to start nibbling?

kr_pto
Super Contributor
if you are investing (for the long term), one of the nice things about banks is there strong and consistent dividends.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Gosh ! what am i missing here ? why do you guys think FSR is such a buy ? I look at this with my very rudimentary TA and i am not touching this thing unless it breaks 19.30 convincingly. Conversely, if it breaches support can anybody recommend a nice put warrant ? ;-)
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
A day later (and with the power of hindsight)I think the answer was yes. Question is. What will the Financials do today? I think we will see another run 1.5-2%.
0 Kudos
Lenova
New Contributor
Fed rescue package doesnt fix the underlying mess - I agree though financials should run today - 2% across the board. Lets see what happens ;)Gavin
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
OK. I give up. Up, down, sideways!. This is worse than Gold Reef Cities rides. Still think Financials will make a good run for it.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Buy asa at R 99- R 100 sell at R108 buy SBK at R 89 and sell at R 96 have a look how much money you can make doing this.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
will sbk ever break the 100 mark if everyone does that???
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well thats whats been happening for quite some time now and the guys that are trading short term are making a killing, will it break R 100? eventually but right now buy on support and sell at resistance and join the happy crowd of money makers.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Whats Happening. Fin shares dropping rapidly?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
banks following the the overseas banks with more bad news about marging calls not being met, and our banks follow like lost sheep in the dark. Its just as i said in my post above keep an eye on it and youll see what i mean. Traders by now know that any bad banking news in the US and our banks follow so short term traders are using this to their advantage, only my opinion
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Heard the ASA sms beep. Now for Standard Bank.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm with you on the SBK Asylum - works like a charm. For better profits gear it with SBKSBM. 'Tis a thing of beauty to watch. Although this time round, I'd be a little cautious because it may not stop falling at R89.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Platsak is that your bid 17000 ASA shares @ R 100.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
N0 it was the 10001 one. Second buy.
0 Kudos