Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FSR and ASA-Near or on support levels. Is it time to start nibbling?

platsak
Super Contributor
FSR and ASA near or on support levels. Standard Bank still a day or two of. Must admit that these shares are starting to look (a bit) juicy again.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
A piece of advise...Buy winners and Sell losers. If ASA is losing money its not a buy. Just as ARM is not a sell. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you like buying off support levels,wait for a green day,ie a reversal candle and then hit it.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
if u want the Interim div,then go ahead and buy its then cheap,as the LDT date is Friday,u must hold on Friday to receive it.On Monday in theory will only fall by the amount payed out.But in this climate we are in really ,don't u think it will fall further?OMO
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
p.s. i'm referring to FSR....ASA final LDT date is past and it seems to be weathering the storm well,itseems the stronger of the two OMHO
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
p.s. i'm referring to FSR....ASA final LDT date is past and it seems to be weathering the storm well,itseems the stronger of the two OMHO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry has a well known trading strategy involving dividend plays, he has been very successful with it. John hit the nail on the head, why buy weak shares? Don't be impatient, buy when the trend has reversed. As for me, like I've said hundreds of times, I'm still very much short on all the banks and will only start to get out when the banking index has reached its downside target from the double top formation. I believe that with a bit of patience you will be able to buy these shares at an even greater discount. Most important question though, what is your trading strategy? And another question, why is everyone so Gung Ho about FSR? They are clearly the weakest of the four major retail banks and they just released horrible results. On relative strength Standard Bank is your best bet.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks for invaluable analysis Mr Warren Buffet.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Greediness comes into play here. FSR has fallen the most and hence the idea it can't fall any further. Beautiful charts! That is where you come in make your money! Yes the trend is down and no results or fundamentals are supporting any bull run in the near future. Yes fundamentally SBK is the strongest and the better loser of them all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All depends if you are a trader or long term player.I reckon a short term long trade on fsr around the R16 level could be yummy..
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
money moving into banks..most banks are up(well for now that is)...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
TheoPrinsloo
Contributor
If you want to go long in the financial sector does it make sense to get calls (i'm trading warrants) on multiple banks or should you choose only one. I bought FSRSBG when the share was at R16.28 but want more exposure in financial and am not sure whether i should stick with FSR or go for SBK. If the financial sector does well then both these stocks should also do well. Should gearing be my only concern? Thanks
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Does no one feel that INL is way oversold? Seems to be overlooked when talking banks and fini stocks. I know it's not the greatest share, but it could offer more value if the bank index rallies...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Have never traded warrants but what benefits do warrants have over ssf if any. From what i understand is that warrants have a time decay factor which ssf dont have so whats the catch for trading warrants over ssf?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
African Rainbow Minerals..... up more than 50% year to date in a strong uptrend and has continued to have possitive days when the general market is red. Has loads of exposure to platinum and is the countries biggest BBE company.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
up 4.4% today while the banks are flat.. on a red day... this is always a good starting point when looking to buy- relative market outperformance.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Thanks John yeah interesting have put it on watchlist, will do some homework on it tonight, i still dont understand why a lot people are still looking at banks short term when there are companies like the one you have just mention that are creating returns that the banks could only dream of.
0 Kudos