Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

FYI - Market makers

Equidis
Contributor
Just got of the phone with Deutsche Bank,they have apparently been instructed by JSE to get out of the market during close out
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Is this between one and two??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just as I was trying to buy topdwm at 505....sissy bastards...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist they will sell it to you but only over the phone trades..
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Also waiting for it to go below 500, think it will
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
not sure about timing didnt ask them, was jus happy to exit my position in a profit
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what happens to poor bastards with stop losses...these guys act with impunity...you cannot change the rules of the game half way through...either you are the market maker or you are not....
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
They phone you and tell you -"stop loss has activated - no market makers - do you still want to keep stop loss" But a few weeks ago I got no call and saw my a.. without a mirror.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey C stop being a girl it close out.. you know better.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
But john, C's right. They're always changing the parameters to suit themselves. Bloody crooks in the beginning, bloody crooks forever.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John when I buy a warrant I buy it with the understanding that my stop may not trigger but I do buy it with the understanding that the market maker makes the market, not that they withdraw from the market for a reason which suits them and quite frankly lacks veracity....I was wanting to buy ....
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
according to them they were instructed to pull out from the market, Simon - What say you? Was sbk's mm's also instructed to pull out?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe they can tell you who "instructed" them
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes I know but who i.e. real person...
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
Simon, any comments? Missing in action since 9:30
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
What would the reason for giving a suggestion like that?
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
sorry - instruction!!
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
sorry - excuse!!!
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
it could possibly have been the switch of waves and/or anything associated with them form JUN07 ALSI to SEPT07 ALSI? and on that note, which of these are the waves following? SEPT07 ALSI seems to be quite overvalued.
0 Kudos