Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Fabulous Grindrod

Not applicable
Does anyone know why the massive positive movements in this share over the last few days?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol. just posted about GND as well. I think the company was very undervalued and perhaps global trade is looking a bit better (not sure) and more stability in the US political front with more power to the Republicans (which i think started a bit of a rally recently) all in all, GND was very cheap and this is most probably only correcting to more normal levels. I think it can go much higher when global trade and especially dry bulk really picks up with China and the world.
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Hey Werner...Thanks so much for putting me onto Grindrod. I may just try Capital Bank as well. Both you, Simon and others are punting Capital.(Is it still good in your view to get in now for a 5 or so year investment?)
0 Kudos
coops
Occasional Contributor
Hey, its capitec bank...dont buy capital bank haha
0 Kudos
Subby
Not applicable
I am new to the forum, Grindrod looks like a really good buy to me.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GND is a very good buy. I love the company, but it might need patience to really get the true value out, the economy needs to pick up properly and bulk prices needs to rise then the profits will really flow. Capitec is an excellent business, see the latest sunday times, its the #1 growing company in SA now, and the CEO says more to come. I actually drove past a very nice building of their's in Technopark, Stellenbosch, this weekend.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Two directors have been selling.
0 Kudos