Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Fair ship Titanic

Ninja
Super Contributor
Dow hit the ice berg tonight.......
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Yip! To think that a week of green all wiped out in one session ... but BIL is going to make me moshos mola :)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It's probably correction in the rally...that's all
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Ah, there you going blaming the RS Pedestrians again :)
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
correction...I think not, it was a bear rally, which is agressive,lots of ' good" news last week, run out this week. So we should see more down side. Bear market, means lower lows...so those that went short last week...good luck some money to be made
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still time to get your shorts in, ArcMittal has so far escaped a sell off and trading 30% off its lows, The gold drop hasn't translated into 6 of hte best for Harmony or GFI yet, and BHP coming off huge in Aus - (providing it doesn't gap down too large today - which admittedly is unlikely!)
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Doh! dinna say Chartist and John didn't warn about this. This is/was a bear rally. Repeat... BEAR RALLY. I warned just yesterday to be oh so careful of going long.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
There just seems to be lack of interest in dow and for that matter JSE no volumes and in this type of climate downward drift will continue until buyers just cannot resist anymore and its going to keep doing that until future outlook changes. What will be interesting in SA is we do have some good news coming fuel down, interest rates down and inflation down this should have some positive effect on shares whereas yanks and Eu got nothing obvious except bail out packages.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
America also has the same 3 things down, and look how roaringly things are going over there.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
The eggheads are now admitting it's a global recession... wonder how long before they admit it's probably going to be a depression? The laff-a-minute is the local eggheads who actually think we wont' feel it every bit as hard as the US and EU. On the one hand I feel real sorry for the honest BEE deals which aim to benefit main street but on the other hand I'm getting this really satisfying tingle in my butt when I think of clowns like Cheryl Carolus sitting with untold millions in freebie shares which are now worth squat.
0 Kudos