Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Falling knives

Brazen
Super Contributor
I know it's bad but I'm really tempted to catch this one. 50 on Thursday and it could bounce high.
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Get hit? how many stiches?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Oh, it's all much easier for me now that I only have two fingers. Maybe a long as close to 2150 as possible with a stop on a close below 2150. Seems low risk.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I hadn't noticed cos I don't follow woolies, but you could be right. It's sitting on the 61.8 retracement now. I figure it's pretty low risk if your stop is fairly tight - say a close below 2100.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I left my post open too long while I peeked at the chart. Looks like we're thinking the same way
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hmm. Brazen you know that the only thing that gives me as much pleasure as me making cash in the markets, is when my forum mates make cash. So it is with this in mind that I say, prehaps a little more patients might yield a more profitable trade.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
If it falls we just double-up. Bargain time! Mega-load!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
How did Zarp get your nick Tango ( zarp)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tell me Brazen did you sell your sasol's
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Sure did. Sold first thing this morning after that close below 256.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah you gotta love discipline, makes for a nice clear day, neh .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm scaring myself. To top it all, I didn't even go into WHL once I looked at it again. Really tempted, and Tango's probably going to make all the money that should be mine. And then I'll have to kill him.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an then his money is yours - easy peasy
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Excellent point.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
but seeing as how you didnt opt to catch the knife you may have to look around for something else to kill him with. maybe mega paper cuts with some old share certificates would work. nothing like the site of copious amounts of blood. have some old Chillers certs that you can have for 1 cents.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
So mr kr!pto, did you sell SOL this morning?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Be careful how you answer that, she all soft anf friendly until she gets those Maddame Dominatrix boots on .
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
he he. ask me later this afternoon. ;) tried my luck to get out at 53 instead of 52, but sadly no-one bit. so riding it out rest of today and out probably close to end of day. may get punished for it, but have accepted the risk. c'est la vie. sad to say too (but CE will rejoice) that have exited my GFI... just too fickle for me. but AMS and OML are brighting the cloud's lining. trying my luck (bad word!!) at falling knives too on MTN. i figure 9550 should provide support and williams %R shows extreme level. but tight stop for sure.
0 Kudos