Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Faritec rights offer what if

Not applicable
the rights offer is not successful, and shareholders don't take up the new shares on offer? They need the funds to pay a R29m bridging loan. Now if they can't pay the loan, then I read somewhere that the loan amount gets converted into shares. i can't seem to find any clarity on this - anyone got any ideas?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
richardw
Super Contributor
If they dilute you by raising money in an offering, or dilute you by converting debt into shares, isn't it the same thing? It would depend on the amount of dilution of either option, obviously.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its not the dilution I am concerned about - it is the ability to operate as a going concern. i am trying to find out if FRT has any other conditions attached to the bridging loan, and wether they are relying on the rights issue to solely repay the loan, or whether they still need additional working capital.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Just to add to this ... when u take up your new shares via the rights issue, do u need to pay brokerage as if u r doing a normal trade?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
tinstafl brother, tisntafl
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There Is No Such Thing As a Free Lunch
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Herewith my back of a matchbox calc: Prior to the current rights offer and the imminent placing of shares with Shoden, FRT had 258.2m shares in issue. Subsequent to the R20m offer and the conversion of the R29m loan facility from Shoden into equity at 3cps, issued shares will increase to 1,891.54m. Based on the F08 income statement with revenues of R1bn and an opm of 4.6% and allowing for the new capital structure, FRT's earning power comes to between R30m and R40m - equivalent to HEPS of between 1.5 and 2cps. Based on a PE of 8x, the share could thus recover to between 12 and 16cps, 1-year out. Whether this compensates for the financial risk and given many other lowly valued smallcaps without the same operational risks, is an open question.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that would be a 400% gain in one year,but my sentiments are the same. I am only taking a small punt on this one, but I have a strong gut feeling, I think they have the right product mix, good BEE (and strategically placed BEE) and good enough client base. Their problems are operational, which hopefully a stronger mangement team can sort out. Worth a punt, IMO
0 Kudos