Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Fear

sponono
Super Contributor
Fear, fear, fear!!
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well there is not muh good to say about having to suspend your CEO ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Agree, agree, agree>
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They posted a very good set of results there. Let's hope the company is bigger than the CEO (which I think it is). Very nice gap to be filled.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
As usual markets always overreact, I believe occasions like this present buying opportunities. The results show the business is not stuffed, furthermore if the suspension is for the the good of the company the share should move in the opposite direction. Finding the temptation to buy very difficult to resist.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I already bought this morning. I suspect that gap was created by retail investors if I look at the amount of trades. If it was institutional investors, that would've been a different story.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Bought as well, after all they do produce medicines and I'm sure they have one tat will nurse the share price back to health.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
This share has been on my ten bagger watch list for a while now. This opportunity is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
Don't want to dampen enthusiasm, but shouldn't these results be of concern despite the headlines? Maybe more to drop then just CEO hassles. RECONCILIATION OF HEADLINE EARNINGS Unaudited 6 months Unaudited 6 months Audited Year ended ended ended 30 June 30 June 31 December 2012 2011 2011 R'000 R'000 R'000 Profit attributable to equity holders of the parent 122 160 190 084 281 961 Adjusted for: (64) 215 Gain on disposals of property, plant and equipment (74) (72) Loss on disposal of joint venture 385 Total tax effects of adjustments 10 (98) Headline earnings 122 160 190 020 282 176 Headline earnings per share (cents) Basic 27,8 42,5 63,1 Diluted 27,5 42,2 62,8
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The CEO is the same chappie who started the business .. An importantly their major Indian supplier agreement is indformal .. In other words a hand shake, by self same CEO .. Me, I would want the full story first, but tis moot as it not on my shopping list ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Sure, an the buyers are also retail clients ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't understand the excitement abt the price .. It back where it was only 2 months ago .. Nobody was all excited then ?? Tis recently bias ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon, which beach were you warming
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Makes a huge difference in who creates your gaps. If the gap was created by retail investors it's lower risk than a gap created by institutional investors that doesn't get tied up in day to day emotional stuff. Doesn't matter who closes it, as long as I'm in for the ride. Already looking better than opening this morning.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
This worked out very nicely. I'm out with a 5.5% profit.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Hold on .. You started talking abt ten bigger and now you talking 5% trade .. Think I need more coffee ..
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I'm having a cigar with my espresso!!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't own everything on my watchlists Simon. Wish I did, but it's extensive. The ten bagger watchlist is just that - a watchlist. Some underperformers in there as well.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Cheers on that.
0 Kudos