Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Fed Bond Buying - $85bn per month

mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
On a scale of 1(bad)-10(good) how do you guys rate your REAL understanding of what is going on here? - be honest! It feels as if everyone is "winging" it with their knowledge of this difficult subject - especially the analysts/market commentators. To get the ball rolling I give myself a 3!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
10,what they doing is easy .. it the out come nobody knows ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with Simon. Its relatively easy to grasp what it is they are doing. They Create money from nothing. They might as well allow everyone to photocopy dollar bills and spend it. But to understand how it will end is a different story. I can only see massive inflation and even perhaps global hyperinflation if it goes on like this and perhaps even increase in the future due to their low tolerance of higher interest rates. But nothing we can do about it so lets just ride the wave until one day it comes crashing down. Who knows it might only be 10 years from now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with Simon. Its relatively easy to grasp what it is they are doing. They Create money from nothing. They might as well allow everyone to photocopy dollar bills and spend it. But to understand how it will end is a different story. I can only see massive inflation and even perhaps global hyperinflation if it goes on like this and perhaps even increase in the future due to their low tolerance of higher interest rates. But nothing we can do about it so lets just ride the wave until one day it comes crashing down. Who knows it might only be 10 years from now.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
But nothing we can do about it... Ha, Ha!
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Maybe the q should be : should you do anything about it, ie the fight-or-flight-or-freeze response. And, can you handle the unintended consequences of what you did, plan to do? ( Can you sleep at night? ;that part is easy, just don't drink coffee after 18:00!)
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
6.it seems we are in unchartered territory as know one knows the future(did they ever)>I admit I have some fear and have moved a bit more into cash and sold some shares that I have lost confidence in.bought a few conservative property shares and dived into some high risk for excitement.gonna be an interesting journey.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
1(one).... Simply becos I have not even attempted to try to understand it....all I know is that there is money to be made when the issue comes up......
0 Kudos