Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Few days, short trade ???

HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
So if I short it from here for the next day or so would I make a profit? If it falls, is it by design or fluke on the part of the pivot point stuff, or would success simply be the result of a 50 / 50 bet? I am going short here, of course with a stop loss etc, but I thought to invite conversation on this one.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Rams
Super Contributor
Like I asked before , what will you do if you have 3 losing trades in a row...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Spend some quality time with the kids.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
3 in a row is hardy a significant streak, if you're trading with discipline ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Hey Preston, where have you been
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Agree, Simon.....all about discipline
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I have taken a break from trading for a while. Spent many hours, (that sharetrading would have consumed) with my 18 month daughter. Decided to slowly come back into trading, needs some extra cash for December :-)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I have taken a break from trading for a while. Spent many hours, (that sharetrading would have consumed) with my 18 month daughter. Decided to slowly come back into trading, needs some extra cash for December :-) Nappies and wet wipes are expensive dude lol
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Could not get into the trade, dropped down to a level I was not prepared to short at. Yip, I know trade is lost, but then again is this not the name of the game?
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
i'm sorry but this whole trade to trade well sorry doesn't go with me,sounds more like a consilation prize to me.you trade to make money not lose it!! listen to Warren Buffet,sounds more like licking your wounds than anything else.
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
i'm sorry but this whole trade to trade well sorry doesn't go with me,sounds more like a consilation prize to me.you trade to make money not lose it!! listen to Warren Buffet,sounds more like licking your wounds than anything else.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I must say that since I started following these principles, I have moved through to being somewhat profitable. I was running at a loss prior to that. I even have some spare cash to test some theories etc.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but you have no control over a trade being profitable or not .. that is 100% at the mood of the market, so why try and manage what you can't ??
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Trading and Warren Buffet can't be mentioned in the same sentence. He's synonymous with long term investing. Huge, huge difference. Short term trading more like gambling with discipline and risk management to tip the odds slightly in your favour.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
You could not get into the trade...you were not prepared...then it's not a mechanical system?
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Beg to differ. Since I had started following these rules, I am showing a profit, when I was flexible I made sporadic profits, but also sporadic and devistating losses. This one has to go, today Absa is a short for me again, but does not meet my entry criteria.
0 Kudos