Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Filtering for shares...Please Help!

Not applicable
Good Day, I have been trading for about a year now, and although I have a strategy that i follow, I am struggling to filter through all the share options to find possible trades! My strategy basically goes: Entry: When a candle body forms above the 200 day MA Confirmation: higher highs and higher lows. Generally the 50 day MA will be below the 200 MA at this point. Exit: I use a stop loss exit So, my problem is filtering through the JSE to find shares that i can trade. I used to filter for shares by looking at indices that trade above the TOP40 and then find shares in there that trade above the index, but usually these shares are already trending and my entry will not trigger. Am I filtering wrong or is the problem inherent to my strategy?? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
just wait until all requirements are meet ?? Q is how many trades a year do you want to do vs. need to do to make a profit ?? don't fall into the trap of having fun ..
0 Kudos