Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Finweek- Roffey, crook or guru

prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Article on Roffey in latest Finweek. In my mind certainly not a guru, will be interesting will will follow from this article.
0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I think labeling a person a crook is not nice...it's a personal attack on ones dignity...will have to copy this post to SBG securities
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
rams must be your friday joke?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am going to have some peas for lunch...from a pod.
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
a friend of mine send him R400000 to invest or trade. Portfolio value at moment R50000.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mol...this is really important...marc ashton the editor of finweek wants to speak to those ppl....pse get him to contact me or marc [email protected]
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Geesh that's seriously hectic and really sad for the person concerned (wiping out R350k from a R400k portfolio). In my experience, the only time you take big hits is when you're over exposed to one holding (bad risk and capital management) and/ or you ignore your stop losses when they're triggered.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The finweek article shows that you would have lost at least 40% had u followed Roffeys calls even if u used stops religiously...
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
How many were Gold shares?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Not my call, front page on Finweek, besides if the hat fits, wear it my bru.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
2 anglo gold and harmony
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, if you post..." certainly not a guru", then you are calling him a crook...now SBG securities will still be interested because according to the forum rules you may not: "post or transmit any information, software or other materials which violate or infringe upon the rights of others" or "post or transmit any messages .......that would give rise to civil liability"...be very careful
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and got this from the net where Roffey replies to the query "Any attempts to defame me or imply theft or fraud WILL be subject to legal action"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rams once again I have to simply correct the facts....Prancing horse said ..."well certainly not in my mind not a guru"...I am sure we are all entitled to our own opinion.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
nah, dont make cheap jokes!
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
Do you have a url to share?
0 Kudos