Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

First discussion of the Installment club.

barry_1
Super Contributor
Oh and not forgetting i shall receive the full tax free dividends on the installments.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Hi Barry - thanks for the effort. What do you think about IMP?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Its all guess work at this stage,but i think they will pay a dividend.Also having cut down on costs and expanding and the price of metal going up slowly things look better for the future.How ever they are in tight wage negotiations at the moment and anything can happen.At the moment i am holding very nervously a call warrant with a tight stop-loss.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
JDG seems to be coming right this year.I would dearly love to buy an installment on this share,but i'm not too sure about NEDBANK'S policy on end of their present installment which ends in October. STANDARD automatically roll over into a new one when one ends.Please SBK introduce one now.Thanks.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Hi Barry - I have never bought an installment in my life but have read through the installment educational briefing on this site and am keen to learn from people like you who have obviously been around quite a while. The reason for the preamble is so that if I ask a dumb question, you'll know that it comes from pure inexperience. I have been watching SHF which has run up quite a bit in the past couple of months - and previous dividends have been quite good - do you have an opinion on this?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi-cannot remember where,but i read that SHF is likely to do very well....The main things about Installments is that they are just the same as shares which are always better if given more time to mature,although geared as they are in a rising market they by far out perform shares but as Simon replied to SKALA a great deal safer than SSFs .SHF LDT final date is in Nov if i remember correctly so there should still be time to buy.There are two types of SBK installments ordinary and TURBOS which are more geared so watch out for that.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
I am considering to enter WHLSTC.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes,shops have generally surprised me of late.I think one of Brazens favourites.Perhaps Xmas this year will produce better results than expected some month ago,i might even consider it myself,i'll have to research it more though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes,shops have generally surprised me of late.I think one of Brazens favourites.Perhaps Xmas this year will produce better results than expected some month ago,i might even consider it myself,i'll have to research it more though.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The major commodities including platinum shares have had a poor week and are more suited to SSF and warrants than instalments,IN MY OPINION ONLY.Speaking of PLATINUM the constant devaluing of the American Dollar against the Rand has also played its part.Thank goodness this seems now to be ending.The PLATINUM spot price went briefly outside its range(range $1100 to $1290) when it fell to $1080 per ounce on the 12 of July but seems to be clawing its way back to again and now stands at $1180 approx.half way in its range.Its highest point since the recovery being $1290.To add to these woes IMPALA had a rockfall and unfortunately nine miners were killed leading to the shutting of the their entire mining group for the funeral yesterday.To add to that all mining groups are in tough talks with labour over wages for the next 24 month cycle.Costs of production are also climbing.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Half my CALL warrants on IMP triggered .I made a small profit,the rest by-passed the stop-loss.I have withdrawn the stop-loss and will replace again next week.I ALSO HAVE a call warrant on AMS and AGL,both of which are showing good profits at this time.ALWAYS THE OPTOMIST i suppose,but i expect that PLATINUM and all commodities will be in for a better time next week.AS FAR AS INSTALLMENTS GO I KEEP ONLY ALERTS AND NOT STOP-LOSSES.Next month i shall discuss individual choices using charts on INSTALLMENTS.HAVE A GREAT WEEK END.
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
I use a trailing stop of 10% on shares I have however seen installments are a bit more volitile what stoplosses you you guys using out there for installments I was thinking 20%
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Discussion of Installment club for August no2....Thanks for all your encouragement.To really make a difference,please post your observations,queries and comments as well.First i would to say in tradung there are no sure fire rules that ought to be followed,some ideas that we have work for a time then not. A common sense approach is probably the best.I have come to think that;COMMON SENSE IS REALLY NOT that COMMON!It includes crystal clear thought and a clear mandate and the will to carry out your ideas!....For the time being the club will stay on warrant chat.The advantage is that it seems to serve the greatest number of members and we have Simon on hand for those difficult educational questions.PLEASE NOTE It is not my intention to critisise any members,but to inform where i am relatively sure of my facts.I also realise there is always a better explanation out there when i give my opinion,but i try to say what i know in the minium understandable words.I am prepared to reveal all my INSTALLMENT trades and the thinking to help the club.During the next couple of weeks i'l deal with installments i have and those mentioned by members.....Many thanks.
0 Kudos