Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Flash crash....

ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Did you see that?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
jacktar
Occasional Contributor
Yes, quick to R 258.00 and back again. Now in positive teritory. Must be on that news that was release on Japan rejecting monthly iron ore pricing... Japan's JFE Steel has rejected BHP Billiton Ltd's proposal for monthly pricing for coking coal, rather than the quarterly pricing arrangement that was introduced last year, according to reports. Japan's Nikkei newspaper recently reported that BHP ...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah broker finger trouble .. won't happen to that broker again as they now got no fingers ..
0 Kudos
jacktar
Occasional Contributor
How many transactions and what value were @ the lowest price? Will they be able to reverse the transactions and those of other people that might have panicked at that precise time? It's not me LOL
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
So in May last year, must have been finger trouble for the super computers? Or their Robots at least...
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
I'm sorry, all I could picture after cupply beers were these tin men from Wiz of Oz, lining up at the gilly-teen, for the finger chop!
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Not a BIL / AGL Switch? Leaves our futures confused... both were @market...
0 Kudos
Spoegs
Contributor
What happens if this kind of thing triggers stop losses?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
It has happened twice on my portfolio where a crazy trade has triggered my sl and both times OST has called me and given me the option to sell or stay put! I like that and am greatful for that insight.
0 Kudos