Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Flip, Thank Goodness for Integrity

Maggie
Super Contributor
LOL...conscience...almost posted a comment recommending a newbie to buy a share only because I have some and they have not been going up...hmmm if I were catholic I would now have to go to confession .... fortunately an ethical unbeliever.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
john_1
Super Contributor
so we got the integrity part sorted..now we just have to work on the stock picking and money managment stratergy ...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Maggie , do not feel bad. John once told me to buy AMS at R1200, that share subsequently drop to R700. When i asked John for advise, he told me to have a cup of coffee. Thank god, i cut my losses. (lesson for all newbies, Do not listen to John)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I agree never listern to me...but alas your memory has faded.. I said you will be ok if your time frame is for ever... I also said that if you have still got them at 700 you obviously did not stick to your stoploss so what else can you do but go have a coffe because if you cant stick to your own stops then nothing I say will help.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
This is the third time:: BYe Bye Jonnie
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
obviously I must have a listerning problem.. what you trying to say dude.
0 Kudos
mikki
Contributor
I suppose the nice thing about being a newbie is that maybe they haven't lost as much money as the 'experienced' oubies.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
The last time I went to confession after half hour the priest just told me to pray the rosary until I get callouses. A couple of the calls on this forum have burnt me , at least until the stop loss kicks in, but I have had some great tips as well!
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
We all make our own decisions...cant blame anyone else
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
It is not my intention to be suspended
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Sorry i meant "You spot on!"
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Preston, how can you blame John?? Crikey Moses! John didnt pull the trigger - you did. You hit the 'buy' button. If anyone is to blame it is the people taking trading advice off the forum instead of making ones own decisions and analysis. Consider it a lesson well taught... Nobody here is GOD. Nobody "knows" what a share price is going to do - ever. You may as well flip a coin/throw a dart and then the manage the price.
0 Kudos