Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

For SimonPB - This forum - it's all been said before . .

destech
Contributor
Simon - Although not a daily poster, I am a regular on this site. I challenge you to open the user postings for a "busy" forumite like john, Chartist, or even SimonPB successfully. If you were to click at the moment when there is a temporary lapse of communication in the universe, you might be successful. Else you can try a more dormant forumite like . . erm . . zing . . but then try to decipher who they were replying to, or who replied to their postings. I believe the forum has a lot of information to offer, but once a posting scolls off the bottom of the page, it falls into the big black hole of "file 13". Some lucky postings make it to the "share topic" section, but I suppose that too depends on the sentiment of the sensor board of the day. Bottom line : Thank you for going to the effort of improving the forum from what it was a year ago, but I think some items were improved worse! Can we not ask for some real ideas from the forumites (they use it every day) on how to improve this forum, for SB to implement. It's not rocket science, surely?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we know full well that the forum isn't the best. But we have decided that there are more important things on the site and things that we can improve that will impact more people.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Zing... When i initially started on this website . I found that some interesting and intellectual individuals like John , CE , and other individual directed me to website where i can find some information. Zarp challenge me to get educated extremely quicky so that i can understand what he is talking about... Then ................... There are also other individuals who add character to this website such as Babyboy, and Superidego.. Bottom Line : If this website was all too serious , then other patrons will not enter the chatroom to find out what is the next exciting installment of "The days of Standard Bank Online Trading life"
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
well can you name a few Simon. I think that the information that goes off into file 13 at times is usefull (more often than not)....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Preston the more I do this (trade) the more I realize how little I know. You are best advised to take what forum members say with a least a pinch of salt.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon, if i may ask , what is more important/urgent than upgrading our forum software ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
up, the list is massive, here are a few; new security on OST (log out issue), auto updating web based prices, trading platform, stop loss system, currency futures, etc.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
scandal, sure useful info is lost here. Nobody ever said otherwise.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Answer tis simple Cut and Paste any info or thread that strikes a cord and when sombody asks the same question you can repost it.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Is now a good time to mention my decoupage wall?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
John = yes, brazen = no. My m-i-l put the fear of decoupage into me when she covered everything that didn't move and then started onto things that did move. I managed to ecape wioth my dogs, but it was close and one dogs ear still has some glue stuck to it.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Here is a question.....How would everyone feel if we took the posts that we wanted to keep, and pasted them into another forum. i.e Off the OST website. It would be fairly easy to recreate the user names and issue passwords to those who wanted to use it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Are you nominating yourself for the job? Jolly good, fellow.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Just give him a high 5! His already got 3....
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Will wait to hear what Simon says. Dont want to get banned for life for starting a rebellion.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
555, more then welcome and frankly a good idea. There are limitations here so you folk need to work around them.
0 Kudos
destech
Contributor
Thanks for the honesty, Simon. It's not exactly what we wanted to hear though. If the log-out is on the top of the list, and the forum is at the bottom, then we can all guess how long it will take to sort out the forum, seeing that the log-out took over a year to fix . . erm . . is it really fixed? Right now the forum has little or no value to me. Since I do not log-in daily, any post that I (or anyone else) make may disappear before I can see if there were any replies. I suppose this site is fine for what it is intended for - trading; and it has some very useful tuition tools, including the traders' and tech anaysis newsletters. However, we, the forumites, are your clients/customers. Are you not forgetting the very first law of business?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Yes Zing you forumites are our customers and as such we added and then improved this forum for you client forumites. But then so is everybody else on this site our customer and every year we ask our customers what's important to them and every year the forum comes in dead last. Forumites hate to hear that, and some say that's because of the format of the forum. But the truth is most people on the internet have no interest in any forums of any sort and the same applies here.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
555 may I sugest the site 4shared.com
0 Kudos
destech
Contributor
Preston, I mentioned the names not because of what value they bring to the forum, but to prove that it is almost impossible to view the user profile of someone who posts a lot of times. I have an ADSL line, and get timed out before their profiles load. A person on a landline modem stands zero chance. I doubt if this forum is even easily accessible via landline. No offence intended to any of the forumites who don't post a lot (like me). I too, have found a lot of value in this forum. Unfortunately I cannot show you those valuable posts, because they don't exist anymore :). My point is that I believe the forum design is sub-standard (no pun intended), and we get told we should just accept it as it is.
0 Kudos