Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

For TopGun -- Share Trading Challenge

Preston
Super Contributor
Can we have another traders competition for 2013? The last two competitions was extremely successful.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
Lets try to get Simon and SBK as sponsors involved.Any other suggestions?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What would the rules be? Like can you enter trades daily, monthly, quarterly? Can you get stopped out?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Barry, just a suggestion, all those participating will donate R250 and the winner takes the entire loot. TopGun (just a suggestion), can administer it (net of dividend) and the result can be uploaded at the beginning of every month on Barry website.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And can we have a competition especially for Preston...the winner will the one who loses the most on "shortening" the strongest stocks...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
another consideration is what is the share selection? i.e. small caps, only top40s, anything? Top40s/100 work well as most people follow it.
And how many shares can you choose?

We had a share competition at work, the rules were:
you could only pick 5 shares and change every quarter (so no stop losses).

I mostly picked the momentum shares - WHL, APN and NTC were my winners, and TRU, GFI and SOL were my losers.
Im currently up 40% - next week is closing.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
5 share , 1 qty. Difference in closing price prior to competition commencing less closing price at the day competition closes.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I think we should just award the prize to BadTrader preston and his hero for the 2000 point short...some 4000 points ago
0 Kudos