Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

For the fans of Simons lazy trade

Not applicable
I think the topi is dipping below 15 day EMA? So his system is lining up for a setup.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
richardw
Super Contributor
I'd like some laziness. My own terror-inducing system is fine and all, but going with the flow sounds good too! Good spotting.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Nope. EMA15 > EMA30 > EMA60. This means you only trade long and only when price crosses EMA15 from below. So if you are not long already, you wait - a cross from above is not a signal now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I set it was a setup - close is below EMA 15. So next week, the entry will be valid upon closing above EMA15 again with confirmation
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Simon's system is a good guideline, but I would have a look at resistance levels, RSI and patterns. Right now I would like to see the resistance level around 210 broken to confirm a break upwards
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Each to their own, for every proponent of Simon's system, there has to be someone with a contrary view - otherwise there wouln't be any sellers to make the system work
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Doesn't a sell trigger only on the cross-over 15 and 30? I don't get it, what set-up. Simons still long ... lol, that sounds, well, funny :)
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Hi Saash, no because the overall trend is up as the 30 > 60.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This move is just a gap close for the 29th's gap up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OOOF, I don't think this is just a small move, some big moves posted on the foreign exchanges, ftse down 2%, hang seng down, dow futures down, all by significant amounts. I have learn't a long time ago not to bet against big moves like that
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
There's lots of support on those markets, and the trends are still up.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Maybe. I think there have been pretty flat markets overseas for the last couple weeks, and that can be read in many ways.
0 Kudos