Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

For those that were interested in BP

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know some of you guys said there is no risk with BP - the NY Fed probed Wall Street in the past 2 weeks to find out what risks are present and to ensure that if the Oil Giant bukkles due to the oil spil that it will not place the global financial system under risk again. see - http://www.cnbc.com/id/37983279 Another comment, Credit Suisse has increase collateral requirements for their business with BP due to increased risks. Just letting you guys know if you keen on buying shares in the firm...
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
striker
Super Contributor
By cutting corners,the management have put this orgaisation at severe risk - highly irresponsible- should all get the bullet.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I think you will find Tony Hayward is gone before the end of the week....
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Now there's a pompous pom !
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I just hope they figure out a way to stop the leak in the Gulf of Mexico, it will not be good if it has to run until the oil reserves are depleated...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
While it's a huge issue in the Gulf of Mexico,in terms of global oil reserves it's probably a drop in the ocean - excuse the pun.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, the problem is not the lost oil, but the environmental disaster, they cleaning up all the time but until they can stop the leak it really dont matter because its an ongoing issue to clean. Thats the big problem, not the oil thats gone to waste.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
They shouldnt worry about putting a plug over it, just send a Minister down there, put a ring on it, and it will stop putting out immediately...LOL.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
As i understand it BP CAN STOP THE LEAK,trouble is then the oil is lost to then for ever.This startling fact came out when they put the cap over the borelhole casing.One of their engineers said they had to allow some sea water in ,other wise the gasses cause freezing and so block the well and prevent further escape of the oil! Then the other relief wells would have too much pressure put upon them and all might be lost.I read this on CNN and there was quite an amount of caustic comment.Since then nothing.On a slightly different tack,it mus be noted that one of the major shareholding nations are the Americans.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
they should take one of the those huge oil platforms off the mono tube hull they float on..then sink the mono hull over the leak... then pump concreate into the mono hull and then the cap will be about 10ooo times bigger than the hole.. then they can pump out the oil they are *****ing around with small solutions when a big solution is needed
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Interesting story Barry... I think another problem is the depth at which this well is, its not so easy to work on it, one needs remote robots, etc...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Is BP an easy picking for a takeover right now ?
0 Kudos