Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Forecast!!!!

barry_1
Super Contributor
I personally was glad to see the back of INET as they were wrong as many times as they were correct.I think that the PROFILE MEDIA CONSENSUS would be better and generally like their methodology,which is much CLEARER than INET with their BUY PLUS,HOLD MINUS ,HOLD PLUS etc...How ever i'm dismayed by their SELL recomendation with which i totally DISAGREE.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
barry_1
Super Contributor
Its price went down for three months during which time Profile had it as a BUY,as it started recovering from the beginning of AUG the three consenus brokers have it as a SELL!!!!!!!.I consider it the bluest of blue chips as it is a Rand Hedge that has no assets in any developing country,with all its directors in Britain.Whether they have been spooked by the anouncement that LBT is considering residential parks and block of flats as well that will let, i dont know! Younger people no longer see the need to own their own homes as there so many expenses and it is proving not to be the best investment,so Sir Donny would be right on the button with such a development in the letting market.Or prerhaps they see a downturn in overseas markets.See previous posts on LBT to see the niches they operate in!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
As safer assets i hold LBT shares permanently and added turbos at the beginning of the month.I also hold APC and AXC and as Growthpoint is starting to climb back towards the magical two billion will buy in again.Property is a different asset class to shares and adds peace of mind to ones portfolio.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Growth point is heading for twenty billion ,not two,sorry!
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
Not sure I take these forecasts that seriously-I certainly intend to hold onto my shares-being off shore in property makes sense to me-surely this is an error-maybe new system has a couple of blips in it.???
0 Kudos