Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Forget cancer,coronaries or aids,

Brazen
Super Contributor
Russ baby, you are one of life's romantic dreamers. A danger to yourself. Do I say this because you admit to watching Brokeback Mountain? I do not. I say this cos you use the words ethical, moral and Standard bank in the same sentence.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I didn't admit anything,Brazen,but yes,you are right-you know me and Standard Bank too well.Welcome back,by the way,from wherever you have been.I always look up to traders like you who are in the top 2%.
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
Good on you Russ......Jerry, Jerry, Jerry Maguire! And I am sincere when I say that. I have been reading all the comments over the years and I am a plastic trader as I do not do this for a living and quite frankly I propbably don't want to.... Trading for me is like a sport you win some and you lose some. I remember buying my first share Rebhold.....1996 or 97??? Paid 274c sold after 4months 610c.Needless to say I was hooked! Then the apiphany:"hell you can make a living out of this"....more not true than true. Dimension Data.....OOHH..V.K(Afrikaans)! Still seeing a shrink,just kidding. But there you have it, take out the emotion, think with your kidney in your pip and do not get involved with the main stream. Be your individual! I think through your posting you now understand that fast cars, QUICK MONEY, easy women are three things in life you should be wary off. Like my pappie use to say..."let's do it to them before they do it to us" the shares I mean. Hope you all have a good day now.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi Russ. Get yourself a copy of "Where are the customers yachts" - Fred Schwed. Absolute classic, and funny.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks,Louisg,I have googled it and have managed to sneak a few pages for free on the internet.It looks good.I will buy a second hand copy as soon as the bull market returns.I have been wondering of late why so many people write books on trading,offer trading courses,have trading websites,newsletters etc.Surely such gurus don't really need the extra money.Then the truth dawned!As a failed trader I have now decided it is time to write my autobiography: "Memoirs of a superhero:how to profit from my mistakes".I'll advise you all of the launch date.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Will there be pic of you in red speedo with manboobs? If so, I'll take 10.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hell,I'll do anything if it helps to sell the book.In the meantime,here's one of me relaxing after a recent "End of the world 21 December 2012"convention. http://www.funnyphotos.net.au/images/hariy-man-wearing-speedos-or-budgee-smugglers-and-1.jpg
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Who says trading doesn't lead people to the Lord.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
All of this = http://www.nationallottery.co.za Even with stoplosses. If you are under 18 etc..addicted..compulsive..can not stop.. What is the diff..?
0 Kudos