Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Forum members :Wat wud u do

Not applicable
if u were put in a situation with a gun to your head, and had to invest into one company, but u were not allowed to research the any companies at all, u are not familiar with any of ur company options but u had to invest, u were only granted ONE TA tool, what wud u use to make u choice?assume that with all ur options the companies were well traded...
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
depends...trading or investing???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Price action.. ACL or ARI
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
MacD with EMA's of 50 and 200...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well then again....if someone put a gun to my head, i'd probably put two guns to his head:)
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Ok maybe... but MacD is still ONE indicator... just happens to need the input of 2 others. So you getting more bang (excuse the pun... if that gun goes off) for your buck!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
A spike in Volume. Just for interests sake, go back and look at any share that started a long term up run. Check back a couple of weeks and you'll almost always see a big spike in Vol. This applies mostly to large cap, highly liquid shares which are on the sector rotation cycle of large funds - just follow the smart (big) money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes thats real smart of u tyler....
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Dangerous tactic B... could also be profit taking. Check SIM on 17 March. Volume was huge at 10mil shares. It was R6.10 on that day!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a little tuesday morning humour:)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes brazen, i agree that increase in price usually has a noteable volume increase, but not ALL volume increases has this effect...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Ps. What difference does it make which tool you chose? You're about to be shot in the head anyway?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
yeah DC and MrC, no one indicator is infallible - but Vol is pretty good. Checked out SIM DC - wouldn't be a share I would invest in as I'm a TOP40 girl for that. Also 17 March, while showing an increase in vol, wasn't really a significant spike. I woulda been interested after 30Jul, and 6,7 August. I like those big spikes, and it did go up after that.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok i get wat u looking for B...i understand, the point isnt to find a flawless technique, but rather to build a list of all the techniques that shud be used before deciding to go long on a share...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Agreed Brazen! Your point is proved if you have a look at CAE about 2 weeks ago. Volume was definitely the clue there!
0 Kudos