Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Forumites suffering form P R S ?

barry_1
Super Contributor
Ha not quite what you think.I have never seen the forum so dead.At one time the thirty last posts were full by eleven o'clock.Bursting with activity the Chat Forum was! Oh by the way P R S stands for Post Recession Stress. While i'm ramblingon 'bout past things ,I have just remembered I would like to ask forumites ,if any of you or your family is coming up for the Xstrata Ultra Marathon or Mathathon on the 27 Marchor is it too strenuous,makes u feel u wanna turn over and go back to sleep!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit Barry I agree there is just nothing happening here. Its a shame because if we did a roll call you would still get 100/150 people who read what the 5 people are posting have to say. Have you seen Simons project..Ticker talk..its the same there, lots of people regestering but not a whole lot of chatter.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The market seems lacklustre, without much direction. Everyone including myself is waiting for setups, it seems. People respond verbally on this forum when emotions run high, driven by market movements. We've seem very little of both recently.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Ja - I'm pretty sick of it myself. The lack of direction, and the quite on the forum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed, but I still scalp the odd share to keep me amused. Making a good 10% a week at the moment with it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks,yes i've joined ,but have not posted yet.Funnily(not ha,ha) i've found that i am getting a greater response from people abroad to my sites,than locally.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Market aside. A forum like this gets interesting because people share, comment, bantter. Basically like everything in life if you want an outcome (busy vibrant froum) then act that way by posting often with vitality and with, please god, a little bit of humour!!!
0 Kudos
Sentiment
Contributor
I know this is a dead horse by now but anyway... Bring back Chartist!,Bring back Chartist!,Bring back Chartist!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has anyone actually considered that maybe Chartist des not want to be back? Anyone asked him? I will email him just to check, john i know you chat to him often as well so what your thoughts on him wanting to come back?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Has anyone invited Chartist to tickertalk yet ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tnx to John I do contact Chartist every so often. But as I joined here way after he "left" (PC I believe) I have no actual clue as to why he vacated. From the little I have learnt and I really did not ask, it was a difference of view between Simon and Chartist and language issues. So having him on TT would that strain still exist?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I emailed him and the reply about comming back...

"Sure ..u would need to tell Simon he needs to apologise.

Regards

C"

Now I dont know what the background was, but Simon you shaved your locks so surely this is easier to do?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
He is on skype when he is town..not at present. He is not interested in comeing back and SFM does not want him back..so show a little personality, get over it and start talking about yourselves, your trading, your sex lives.. you can even talk abut Simons sex life..but make it funny.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
With Simons shaven head he looks older, a lot older actually....so does his wife now shout out "oh daddy"??? (Think Hugh Grant - Bridget Jones and the overley large panties scene) hehehe
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Quiet ? No way - its worse than that. Try Pofadder at midnight on any wednesday. Hey CPS, whetever happend to the Friday Funny? To lighten the load - A golfer stood over his tee shot for what seemed an eternity. Looking up, looking down, measuring the distance, figuring the wind direction and speed-driving his partner nuts. Finally his exasperated partner says, "What's taking so long? Hit the blasted ball!" The guy answers, "My wife is up there watching me from the clubhouse. I want to make this a perfect shot." "Forget it, man, you'll never hit her from here!" Enjoy yr thursday. The pain is nearly over LOL
0 Kudos