Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Four stages of grief

Not applicable
While the loss of vast amounts of cash hasn't been pelasant, watching the reactions of investors (myself included) to the events of the past few weeks has been an education. They say the four stages of grief are Denial, Depression, Anger, and then Acceptance. From today's postings, It looks like we've hit the Acceptance stage. Of course, some of us still haven't got beyond Denial. Me, I'm sure things are going to look better on Monday...
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Very true . I'm stiil in the ANGER part because of SFM's pathetic slow site that made me missed my entry and exit points during this mornings rally, and all they can say (like always) is "sorry".
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I was asked long ago on this chat forum,what a crash scenario was like and how could one gain from it.I replied that it was not a pleasant experiance and in a REAL CRASH such 1987 even the bears could not make a killing as the shares fell too rapidly and too far.I feel this is just a correction and not a major crash.Warren Buffet as Naomi stated the other day was against all these deivitives as he felt only the issuer determined the value and that was based mostly on thumb suck!Some of the wilder derivites have now given way as a secondry leg after sub-prime!I have been through two major crashes and a couple of reverse spikes.Recovery is usually slow and there will be many bull traps on the way.NOW IS THE TIME,to look at good dividend payments with companies in sound positions.When a company is increasing its stream of profit the share prices of the companies will increase,and that is as it should be!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
You want good divi how about 12% From Mittal.
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
Why don't you just switch brokers, if SFM can't fix up their act (which at it's best is still far below international standards - a norm for south african brokers) then find someone who can.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes i am looking at PSG trade platform... very stable i heard
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Three times covered dividend is good,but the special payout of funds supposed that is capital that they cannot use is not in my opinion. As this might be seen as an asset strip by the unlisted mother company!The share is likely to loose further ground after the payout.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
of which a large part is capital reduction... if you in great.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
its not that they are not expanding they have over $8 Billion in expansion projects budjeted for and too much exess cash.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
wait for a double bottom before jumping in.see www.gold-eagle.com at tech analysis section
0 Kudos