Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Friday Alsi Crystal

Not applicable
Well this is likely a no brainer but Friday should see a surge in index. John whats your seeing? Me I see a 400 point run upto around 23750 but Am intersted in opening gap. Ninja you like these as well and where is saash....
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
saash
Super Contributor
Yes, I'm looking. As sick as i am. ...... would I miss a gap up!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boring morning session, I am going to lunch and will return for the latter afternoon. Now watch the market work while I am out ;-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Non farms at 3.30pm We have not gone above the 50% fib, we have not closed the gap so its gonna take an event to move this sucker...
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I hate working, it really gets in the way of trading.....things looking very quiet, I agree, market waiting for direction at 3.30pm, unless non farm numbers give us a prod the week may end on a quiet note. Until then Ftse currently trading in a nice little symetrical triangle on the 5 min, may be worth a few points in a few minutes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I am back in time for any movement but eish even quiter since I left.... ahh well will have to read a good book while waiting for anything, anything exciting at all. Personally I think the action was yesterday on the jobless claims etc so unless it is a WOW factor me thinks flat.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The paint is almost dry now...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My lawn grew 6 mm so far...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hang on, I'll go measure mine and get back to you...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
190,000 less job claims weoo thats a reasonably good WOW, above expectations. but rate at 10.2% OUCH
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is going to be big action on that response. Dow will probably close under 10000 again
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Well that was money for jam....the 5 min triangle offered up a nice little trade and downside ftse move still more and climbing(falling). Thats the week in the bag, nothing like getting paid by Mr Market in sterling. CPS do you have the pleasure of trading full time? That is my medium term goal however want to test my intra day strat first over a period of time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not full time but am loged in 90% of the time.I work for my self so time is easier... Getting to be my only job though. Much more fun
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Sweet....I work twice as hard at trading as I do at my day job and yet most days it doen't feel like work. I think its the lack of monotony and the challenge of each day that keeps it fresher than most 9 to 5's. In terms of intra day trading the concept of small profits often is starting to take hold and my strat is starting to fall into clearly defined trades...namely 1) Fib retrace 2) breakout 3) support/resistance reversal and finally the news trade. I now need to understand which of these delivers me the most consistent returns and build that into my risk / reward understanding.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
any idea what dow is doing as cant seem to see any movement
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Typical knee jerk reaction. Has recovered to be positive at the moment
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well we had the 400 point spread, just not quite what I thought is wwould be, but still good trading day....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
between a broken computer and my ***** trading that move only made me R350 what a waist of time.
0 Kudos