Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Friday Joke

Rams
Super Contributor
The ALSI is going up!
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Umm, every index in the world is bouncing off resistance levels, and the ALSI is nowhere close to its resistance. It is still in the middle of a flag pattern. All the averages are still pointing up. So you can either call this a bear flag - or if you work on bigger timeframes, a bull flag starting from 2009. Real inconsistent stuff. I am cautiously optimistic
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
skaap, cautiously optimistic is like critical but stable
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The only reason we didn't fall out of our flag position is because our currency weakened.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm cautiously optimistic that it will retrace bfore we short again.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, its more critical than stable.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
At a wedding reception recently someone yelled, "All the married men please stand next to the one person who has made your life worth living." The bartender was nearly crushed to death.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I'm optimistically cautious. I.e. happy I've been short all week.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and what about the crime intelligence boss who used the witness protection houses and cars for not only his relatives and friends but his girlfriends relatives and friends too....wait theres more , he also paid them all a salary from the witness protection funds after listing them as crime intelligence informants, thats an intelligent crime.....I could not stop laughing when i read this bit of news...so it must be a good joke if it was not real
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
We making higher lows on indicators on the ALSI 1 hour chart...bottom today or monday...I will be cautiously pessimistic
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
or should i say the bottom is nigh
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
so u saying this is not the time to go short?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
could lose another 300 or more or less points before we see the bottom but its nigh...i did not say the bottom is too nigh
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
it does look like somebody is quietly buying....short covering or buying....lets wait and see. I am still hoping for more BILL around 210 and Sasol around 300 or beter for investment
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Ones you start pricing recessions then you know beautiful things are coming for the long term. ItA's that time of the year, September- October discounting of the market.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
looks like DOW going into yesterdays GAP and ALSI happily bouncing of its bottom....
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
On hearing that ten Brazilians had bought a mini bus to tour our country asked "how much is a Brazilian worth in Rand terms? !"
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i.e. is supposed to be a blond joke!
0 Kudos
kingsol
Frequent Contributor
thats a stupid joke....i wouldnt be luaghing at the joke bt im laughing at you.
0 Kudos