Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Friday joke

jaj
Frequent Contributor
The manager says "Do you have any sales experience?" The Indian says. "Sir, I was a salesman back home in India." Well, the boss liked the Indian Boytjie so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did." His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many sales did you make today?" Injunboy says. "Sir, just ONE sale" The boss says. "Just one? NO NO NO! You see here our sales people average 20 or 30 sales a day." If you want to keep this job, you'd better be doing better then just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale for?" Injunboy says. "R908 237.64" Boss says. "R908 237.64? What the hell did you sell?" Injunboy says: Sir, first I sell him small fishhook. Then I sell him medium fishhook. Then I sell him large fishhook. Then I sell him new fishing rod and some fishing gear. Then I ask him where he's going fishing and he said down at the coast, so I told him he'll be needing a boat, so we went down to the boating department and I sell him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him to automotive department and sell him a 4x4 Landcruiser. I then ask him where he'll be staying and since he had no accommodation I took him to camping department and sell him one of those new igloo 6 sleeper camper tents. Then the guy said, while we're at it, I should throw in about R1000 worth of groceries and two cases of beer. The boss said. "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fishhook and you sold him a boat, a 4x4 truck and a tent?" Injunboy said: "No Sirji, actually he came in to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said: Well, since your weekend is stuffed, you might as well go fishing."
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
stores
Super Contributor
Good one jaj. Thanks
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
As a Scottish bagpiper, I've played many gigs up in Gauteng, but not so many > since recently moving to Cape Town. > > Recently, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside > service for a homeless man. > He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at the municipal > cemetery in Kraaifontein. > > I now stay in Simonstown and was not familiar with the northern > suburbs, so I got a bit lost on my way there. > I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently > gone and the he***** was nowhere in sight. > There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. > > I felt badly and apologised to the men for being late. > I went to the side of the grave and looked down. > The guys had already started filling in and not really knowing what > else to do, I started to play. > The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. > I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. > I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. > And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. > They wept, I wept, and we all wept together. > When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. > Though my head hung low, my heart was full. > > As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, > "Jislaaik, I never seen nothin' like that before in the twenty years > I've been putting in septic tanks." > > ....Apparently, I'm still lost
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
A 70 yr old man asks his wife "do u feel sad when u see me running after young girls?" Wife replied "No not at all, even dogs chase cars but they can't drive.
0 Kudos