Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Future Closeout

Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, give us a brief overview about what happens during future closeout and also the process that are undertaken?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you get rolled into next near dated contract and charged for one side of the transaction (rather than two sides, buy and sell)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
You mean we still get charged for the "buy side" of the transcations for the roll over?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Simon, this is one of the things that i do not agree with. Initial transcation is BUY, SELL, BUY(Rollover), SELL(Rollover). For a rollover it becomes a 3 legged transcations , i.e a BUY, BUY, SELL. Just my opinion.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I have no idea what you're saying .. fact is on roll over they sell Dec11 and buy Mar12 .. but only charge you for the one leg (sell or buy) ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks, i understand this now.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
the real problem actually is that they sell to the highest bid and buy from the highest offer, which mean that you have an indirect cost of the gap between the bid and the offers, it can be nasty.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lowest offer .. yip spread costs ..
0 Kudos