Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Future of Billiton??

Woeste
Contributor
I bought at 195 - went down in flames!! Will I make a profit within the year??
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
Not applicable
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
BIL is a great company - currently buying on dips..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
closed below 178....get out
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Should I add to my portfolio at the current price??
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
I don't have a charting program - are you saying I should get out because 178 is below a support line?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
yes, how can you be trading without a charting programme.......unless you are intent on donating to the great jse charity.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would Add more to my Porfolio as long as the price goes down. I keep three sets of cash and use one for the first buy and if the price falls I use the second etc. it serves well because for a company like Bill, it all pays back eventually, especially within a year.
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Ever heard of long term investing and the fact that we won't see these low's in the next 15 years or so?? Ja, I know I need a charting program..
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Woeste, why don't you just use the charts available on the site. It has all the basic indicators and is more than adequate if you trading using the daily charts.
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
Could any one suggest a website where I can get information on charting signals? Like for instance if price is trading above 200 day moving average it's a buy, or when there is a change ina trend etc. I traded forex (which normally provides the charting software free), where I learnt a little about technical analysis - any free charting software for JSE trading?? Thanks for replies to this forum.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OST MENU: Left menu, Price charts, interactive Price charts. is this not adequate??? then get share magic
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
Why is BHP not moving up like ACL ? BHP is a better share! i too bought at 195xx Any one know why?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
why is bhp better than acl? in your opinion.
0 Kudos
Edge
Frequent Contributor
BHP is the bigger and more diversified and mittal have switched of most of their furnices locally.But in the end its all about perception.I persume you've got ACL shares?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Bigger market cap dont make it a better company . Bhp employs around 47000 where mittal employs around 310 000 people and yes i own mittal and bil shares. But i still believe mittal management to be one up and a lot more shrewd than bils management.omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
woeste i have excatly the same problem i use candles and the images is not as clear as for forex.please let me know if u find a site with proper grafics.spook
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
nice robust discussion would be great to have more of these. woest go to youtube and search on technical analysis there's tons of free training videos if you have the gigs I am also new and find benifit from this source easier then reading
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
BIL close to breaking out of a falling wedge (dating back to 17 June) on the hourly charts. Initial target of 190 odd. (Hennie, am I missing something else, like I did with EXX a while back ?)
0 Kudos