Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Futures Markets

Not applicable
Just a few question with regard to futures? Interesting that DJIA was deep in the red yesterday, and within a few hours the DJIA futures was positive.... what is the reasoning for such a sudden turn around? Also, what time do SA futures markets open and close?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
john_1
Super Contributor
They reset at 10.30 pm our time..start of a new days trading.. so The green move of 350 points did not reflect a 3% turn arround it simply meant that from 10.30 till now the market has recovered by 50 points.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
sorry that should read the green move of 50points
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dow has had support at 7900 and the Ftse 3940 and testing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks guys, i was baffled by the sudden turn-around... lol..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Anyone long this morning ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
exited my short..at 18200 looking for a quick bounce up of 200 points
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John, Nice to have you back. Why you looking for a 200pts bounce?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I was ....simply beause we had failed to push lower.. we broke yesterdays very steep down trend and had a small gap to close...now I want it to drop.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I want it to drop aswell, but ftse is playing games.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
A touch. Short IMP & FOS, swung the OML to long but it's touch and go.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
To be quite honest with you the less I watch the FTSE and the DOW (intraday) the more money I make..as Our market does its own thing a great deal of the time..When I watch them I get skitish and am much more likly to pull good trades out of the market.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya dude, focus on price .. and only the price fo what you are tarding .. I never worry about other markets .. the link is at best very very slim ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Here we go John....... go go go
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why is there a vast difference in the initial margin of HAR compared to lets say a SBK??The underlying prices are about the same..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
margin has only a little to do with price .. the rest is to do with risk (liquidity and volatility) ..
0 Kudos