Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Futures Markets

Highlighted
Not applicable
Just a few question with regard to futures? Interesting that DJIA was deep in the red yesterday, and within a few hours the DJIA futures was positive.... what is the reasoning for such a sudden turn around? Also, what time do SA futures markets open and close?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor
They reset at 10.30 pm our time..start of a new days trading.. so The green move of 350 points did not reflect a 3% turn arround it simply meant that from 10.30 till now the market has recovered by 50 points.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
sorry that should read the green move of 50points
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
dow has had support at 7900 and the Ftse 3940 and testing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Thanks guys, i was baffled by the sudden turn-around... lol..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Anyone long this morning ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
exited my short..at 18200 looking for a quick bounce up of 200 points
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Hi John, Nice to have you back. Why you looking for a 200pts bounce?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
I was ....simply beause we had failed to push lower.. we broke yesterdays very steep down trend and had a small gap to close...now I want it to drop.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
I want it to drop aswell, but ftse is playing games.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
A touch. Short IMP & FOS, swung the OML to long but it's touch and go.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
To be quite honest with you the less I watch the FTSE and the DOW (intraday) the more money I make..as Our market does its own thing a great deal of the time..When I watch them I get skitish and am much more likly to pull good trades out of the market.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
ya dude, focus on price .. and only the price fo what you are tarding .. I never worry about other markets .. the link is at best very very slim ..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Here we go John....... go go go
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
Why is there a vast difference in the initial margin of HAR compared to lets say a SBK??The underlying prices are about the same..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
margin has only a little to do with price .. the rest is to do with risk (liquidity and volatility) ..
0 Kudos