Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Futures close out today

Not applicable
So we saw the market heading down for a couple of days before the futures close-out again. I think John metioned this preciously. I suppose the reason is that people exit their futures positions ahead of time, and then wait for a good entry, using the newer contracts. I'm cautious of trading on future close out days - does anyone have a day trade strategy for days like today?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
divz
Super Contributor
what time does close out begin?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
im curious to wat happens if you hold your june contract and not close it... also how does one know what the opening level of the new Sep-09 contract will be
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
you dont know what it closes at or what the new one opens at, normally not a good time if the market is volatile, you can loose quite a bit.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thx jack..what time does this close-out process end?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
starts at 12 ends at 2
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
My PPC was on the 15th,at 17.05 June close 28.69 Sept open 29.16
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Jack, you might have gained on the selling price, but did you not lose on the rollover? Your margin should have been adjusted to factor in the cost of the renewed finance period (90 day futures contract period). You should have come out pretty much square on the rollover
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
lost 51/2k on the deal
0 Kudos