Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Futures

richardw
Super Contributor
Not looking happy on IG.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya .. but with respect, real futues nto open and how much activity happens on IG ??
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
enough to save my ***** yesterday..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Well, let's test. Dow down 1%, FTSE down about 1.4%. Us likely at least a percent down?

Simon, what do you mean by activity on IG? Enough participants?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, how many people trade the afters hhours futures market on IOG compared to trade the live market on safex? I would suggest very very few ?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Ah ok - I'm just considering the overseas markets as an indicator for ours.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
oh and with respect the got the open spot on!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha .. well of course they would .. they will tend towards the opening as it gets closer .. an byt he time one starts seeing bid/offersa from safex it be easy .. but an hour ago? 5 hours ago ?? tis the same wiill all over night markets ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And the basic indicator trick worked ok: +1% down
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya .. asia a good indicator ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Agreed - if it's even close, it's usually only an indicator of the first couple minutes of the open - after that, it means nothing. But I find it updates faster than any of the other free web futures, and even Google Finance when the markets open.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
yes agreed but they basically track the Dow..So it allows you to create an overnight stoploss, which as yesterday proved can be very valuble in deed. I am not a fan of IG for a whole host of reasons, but that does not stop me exploting their structual weakness to my advantage.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
John I trade with IG and have found them very good....am I missing something, what are your concerns? Who do you prefer to them?
0 Kudos