Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GAP

spacy
Contributor
How does one anticipate a gap for a two day trade? What criteria or what market moves do one have to consider when a gap will be eminent?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
Stacy....you do not try and anticipate gaps...you trade them when they happen....(if its one of the setups you use)....gaps are what make holding overnight look really stupid if you look at it from a rsik reward perspective - which is the perspective you should loot at any trade from in any case.....Nothing, and I state this categorically, is less risky and potentially rewarding as a gap play. I know people that dont understand them laugh at my evangelical stance on gaps but I think even the most sceptical has seen how they have worked lately
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Charty - Yesterdays gap closed - do you anticipate a rally today to close Wednesday's gap down which has not closed yet - or are we aiming for other gaps lower down further in the past you think?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
saash I am not trading today so I dont have a handle on whats happening at the mo....I really take each day as it comes trying not to have any predetermined bias.....
0 Kudos