Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GAP

Not applicable
Am i reading this correct :TOPI futures on the 19th opening formed a Gap which was not closed. On the 20th another gap at the opening which was closed the same day ... but the GAP from the 19th just closed now.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
CE
Super Contributor
So, question is : is the gap that formed on the opening of the 19th still in play ? Chartist, Johny boy, you guys mind to give an opinion ? Simon, you to if it is not tooooo much work (just joking)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gaps are usually filled,but the time frame cannot be known.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
?? Check out the question.
0 Kudos
B_man
Occasional Contributor
My view is that the difference between that close and todays low is 68 points, so theoretically yes it is close.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Sure it is closed, but is it still in play, that is the question ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simple answer is yes. As TA is the study of past price action. Short answer is yes. As ta is the study of past price action. I think the most NB thing is why and the answer lies in the fact that in the futures market there is a winner and a loser. sombody had to sell and lose money today for you to have made it. This results in a battle, that as usual, the patient win, and the fearful and skitish lose.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks J. Chartist realy started something good and his contribution is of great value. I have to admit that I have learned a tremendous lot since being part of this forum. Also enjoy some good humor although some forumites might not agree, the seeeerious dudes. Well, went short today with some sucsess and long again in the afternoon, will see how things play out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
apologies CE in a meeting the whole day.....yes gaps usually close withing 5-10 days if not closed the same day....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks, will let you know how things turn out......
0 Kudos