Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GDP -O.6%

Bouwer
Super Contributor
I would like you to on please, I sure don't get what you are saying..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give him a rod , you can feed him for a lifetime. Register and learn https://www.cfainstitute.org/pages/index.aspx
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
I am not asking the CFA, I am asking you... You can't just make statements and don't back them up with at least some reasoning...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Bouwer, i paid for that knowledge..and i am not going to make that freely available. Sorry!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there is definite correlation though with GDP (a countries value) and its exchange rate...that exchange rate filters through to earnings (through imports and exports).
So theres definitely a correlation through GDP and the ALSI, albeit its not an immediate affect.

...I second the call to hear more from Preston - will look into the 2 approaches as well, thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
skaaptjop, I do agree with your statement though....money supply is the real driver to the stock markets.
Maybe though when the money supply gets got off true value starts showing? Ie over-valued or under-valued returns to fair value
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lo, another contender for quote of the year ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, please ask your panel, on stock watch this question. q1. Is the JSE a wealth creating machine and how does it impact the country GDP? Q2. Using Fractional money creation as a principle, is the SA company operating in a enviroment where OVERALL l
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you can't formulate an argument by cut and pasting questions from your CFA exam!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
argument of substance, yes , but argument with stupidity - no thank you.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So, to summaries , economists have always been wrong.....the real players are the ones in the market.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Er," to SUMMARISE"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Soros is an economist...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And Simon will not ask those questions, as Simon educates us on how to make money, not how to lose money.....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And he attributes his success to ignoring economics when he is a market participant....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what?!?
His calls are based purely on economics, he doesnt exactly trade chart patterns. His currency entries are based on the economics of that country, why do u think he broke the bank of england entering on an uptrend? how else would he have known the GBP was going to fall?

He specifically also moved out of Hungary, his home, to London to go and study at the London School of Economics.

...Think you might need to read up a bit more on Soros
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
BC01, do not waste valuable energy debating with RAMS. Use that knowledge you gained to produce the fruits of your harvest.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
BC01, do not waste valuable energy debating with RAMS. Use that knowledge you gained to produce the fruits of your harvest.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, you see, he is a serious market mover, not just a market player.....and it is well known that he feels that economics play no role in rapidly falling and rising markets(efficient market hypothesis)..... Anyway, I only got to know about him because of his insider trading conviction, so never bothered to really read about his economic theories ...
0 Kudos