Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI! Whats wrong?

heish
Occasional Contributor
The fact that no one even chats on this forum only confirms that the dealers have forgotten about GFI! Hell, gold is over 637! GFI! Whake up! Pleeease! No but really. Is it the South Deep thing or what? What's wrong? I mean compared to end december, gold is up in Rands and Dollars so why so negative on GFI?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
masterblaster
Contributor
must be the whole converting jci to gfi and har to gfi of war shares. those companies could be offloading but gfi probably happy and buying shares back. they dont want to become expensive just yet.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
To the departed, GFIIHA bit the dust today to all those still on board when it happened, splat!
0 Kudos
vusi_1
Contributor
all the investors are in the Fin Sector , so little /sideways movement for Gold Sector , But I think if it close up again tomorrow , this ***** will run ...
0 Kudos
heish
Occasional Contributor
So today we drop because they terminated the WA hedgebook? In the next few days I bet GFI will shoot up as the gold price breaks 650...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still prefer GLD to the stupid fundamentals of Mining Companies like GFI. If you want to trade gold its best to cut out the cr@p and trade GLD- in my humblest of opinion of course...
0 Kudos
heish
Occasional Contributor
Could not agree more. You are so right. Only thing is that the traders overreact better on the mines than on gold itself. like watch what happens now as they realise that gold has crossed 650. In % that nothing, but now GFI is going to fly off it's lows. Amazing..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep, its the crazy pyschology of the market. Trading these Goldmines is like dating an italian girl- you can never predict when shes going to ravage you or throw a glass of wine in your face- but sooner or later you know youre going to get screwed...
0 Kudos
miro
New Contributor
Just be patient and keep accumulating GFI at current levels. U will make a sh*t load of money on this share. The gold price is in a firm bull trend and with the value coming through from the South Deep acquisition henceforth, the coming will be steeped in cash in a year from now.
0 Kudos