Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI - Wrong Horse?

BAP
Regular Contributor
I don't have time to study gold shares in detail and tend to switch between GFI and HAR. Timed the up in gold price quite nicely early this morning, but now it seems as if I'm riding the wrong horse - GFI. Only up by 1% compared to the others at 4% +. Will it catch up?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
The joys of trading - last time I used to trade harmony - and GFI used to rocket. So it goes. I am not in gold at the moment, but if I was, i would have backed GFI too, it certainly looks the stronger option.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip started nibbling on her as well today to keep these for some time tho
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI doing like HAR did for about two week. very sideways and no clear signal. HAR broke the signal on Friday and a strong buy came into play. So if you back HAR like you said better off. GFI might still lag a few days but will catch up, but when is the problem.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Got me some HAR today. I think gold is showing a buy again.. I disagree, imo Har is better value at the moment compared to gfi. When are results out? Should be good this time around!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GFI Results: 6th of August.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's on the website .. figure it out ..
0 Kudos