Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI buyout

Brazen
Super Contributor
anyone else heard the rumour ....2 -3X times current prices?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Preston
Super Contributor
Ja Ja . i do not believe that news.......(LOL). Where can i find the SENS announcement....? "Someone once said on this forum ..."One man BEAR market, is another mans "BULL" Market
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Yeah apparently being bought out by DRD. Ahahahahahaha
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
GFI shares price is now trading at R180.00 , massive jump.. Must be true! I am getting in now?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Tell you what, just cos I'm a nice person, you can have mine for 180. Next 10 minutes only, I'm not THAT nice.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
B : Yeah....wait till the mkt realizes just how rich that ore is(JCI thru W.Areas.)...you're quite right.(why else would Investec and Placer Dome have held so many JCI shares.).. So old GFI took a short -term knock on WAR hedge-book...and thus,still HEDGE -FREE.I've loaded all Share-cash into GFI.So here goes....Beam Me Up,Scotty !
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
B....you mentioned that you had good service from Nedbank re: the bond on the new compound...?....was the person clued up on all the property products or was he/she/it just another paper shuffling NedbankTV ad? I presume the branch was Knysna? Thanks......what a day for the deck!
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Zarp,Why are goldshares takink such a hammering?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hiya Y-ski. Nope, not Knysna, I used the Home Loans department in Jhb. Here's the guy I dealt with - Jayson Naidoo NCC Home Loans Electronic Applications Tel : 0860 911 007 Fax: 011 667 0919 Email: [email protected]
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Mmwaah B! Youré a peach....any other info needed on him I'll get from the CIA site,...hope the bugger shells out some comm. to you seeing you have exposed him to potentially 2m Forum users eyeballs....thanks again.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
You're asking the question the wrong way around. You should be saying "uh oh, I'm holding the same thing as Zarp, am I in deep trouble?"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jln : a little patience will see a nice reward."When there's blood in the Streets, I buy and I always sell too soon. "...either Rockerfeller/Rothschild said that..## Remember,Gold and other metals are the wildest arena to Trade = COMMODITIES.As stated above,for me, GFI is the pick of the Blue-chip bunch,so I bought at long-term Support.Sure,she could have some nervousness right now.'So what,' I say.VALUE is here now...and if(IF) Golds tail-down for a few sessions ?...just save some Bucks for a Warrant Call at deep-discount.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jln : When one views the JSE Gold Index P&F( to spot Support) and use the 70wk MA on the Golds(eg: GFI)....check it out.In May-June2006, the price was FAR ABOVE the 70wk MA...Look at it now.Does this spell VALUE ?..I reckon it does.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just for the Tickle of it : view the GFI MONTHLY Chart..2002 to 2007..is that the nicest Reverse Head and Shoulders formation of the year ?...extremely BULLISH with Right Shoulder completing... and readying for Launch.
0 Kudos
jln
Contributor
Thanx Zarp.Is ANG doing the same as GFI?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Zarp, I agree.. GFI looks interesting. But I think you're mad if you are executing geared trades based on semi-reliable chart patterns on a monthly graph!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dear Tango : Dude, I bought SHARES near/under R120 Support.No leverage/Gearing involved.I use Point and Figure charts PRIMARILY to gauge Demand and Supply Support/Resistance....and then I Zoom in to Weeklies and Dailies,for refinements.For tail-downs,I shall use Call warrants.I Trust that clarifies things....have a good day out there..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jln : http://aliencharts.4shared.com...I updated the GFI thing.See what you think of the Point and Figure methodology in combination with Weekly and Daily Charts.##...as a personal project for yourself,apply the same to ANG.Adios.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
very good. I hope you hang onto them. I'm not certain the bottom is in for GFI, but buying under 120 as an investment looks like a smart move. Most of your posts seem to be about trading, and most seem to be on the short side. Had no idea you were long on the underlying of anything.
0 Kudos