Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI

Wizard
Super Contributor
And just when everyone thought that TJH has gone insane on calling GFI down...the price plunges -15% the last few days!
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
he was still wrong....its all about the timing....we know shares go up and down...sooner or later most calls come true through the passage of enough time...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ya, just like the massive breakout on HAR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice to know you follow my posts so closely....yes the breakout on HAR is going precisely as it should....AvS as someone who has been around for a while you will know that breakouts are most successful and sustained if they test the original breakout level which is what HAR (like GFI) is doing right now... I have always said that the much surer bet is buying on that pullback. Buying a a pullback like this is the best way to take advantage of the fools that jump the gun and the shorts on the wrong end of the thade....I will let you decide which category you are in.
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Come on Chartist,being so proud is not the best attribute.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yup, I agree entirely about the 'pullback-to-resistance-now-support" theory and Ross Hooks and all the other stuff. You're in good company. Your friend Roffey used pretty similar terminology when he predicted the "Massive Breakout" on DRD.
And let's not forget another of your favourite sayings "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes AvS....the terminology used has an element of parody....as we know with the golds there have been many "massive breakouts" ...this definitely really is the one...absolutely no doubt about it....
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Ah, good.. there are some things we can depend on.. AVS and Chartist having a go, and some long memories about Roffey and DRD. Well, if my memory serves me, "DRD is absolutely going to R12 by the end of the year". I think there was even talk of putting todgers on the block or something. So... there you have it... it's a sure thing.. more than double your money in just a few days. Is that guy still on TV or have they booted him off?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
He is more popular than ever...Summit is playing his sessions online and his airtime has increased from 2 times per week to 5!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Unbelievable.. sign of the times I guess. Be interesting to see how popular he is when the tide goes out...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If you use roffy as a barometer of the quality of infomation delivered to us via summit,cnbc then prehaps watching sport is a better bet me thinks.
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
I follow Roffey...and can say that I am dying a million deaths. I knw he is right with gold,but his timing is so general. We all know the gold price is trending up, but how can he keep predicting GFI, and Harmony, even DRD to shoot. it has been years on his cards. Harmony probably is about to rocket....but the rest?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TANGO!! hey buddy, where you been?
I'll give you and Brazen prior warning next time so you can get front row seats with yer weiners and cheese curls. k?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
been working hard, not much time to watch charts. And I've made more money just holding a few shares than I did trading. I thought it would be the case, but wanted to try beat the averages anyway.
0 Kudos