Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

GFI

Russ
Super Contributor
keeps pulling back to support around 130.60.I know Prof. Roffey would describe this as a major buying area.Do any forumites have an opinion?Chartist?(sorry to mention you in the same post!).
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
imvho, buy !
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It is very responsive to changes in the gold price.The question is whether the gold price is also just pulling back to test $1000 again. I think it likely gold will bounce back considering the dollar woes and a likely 1% decrease in US rates later. If so I can see gfi and har taking off as they threatened to do yesterday.Thanks Ditzy.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Russ, i have been playing warrants on this for a couple of weeks and got stronger signal since GFI held above 126, so i wanted to hold the share i'd go long.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Long it is.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Russ although I agree that GFI is a buy (ta) .A little correction.. the price of gold has very little to do with the price of GFI, except on the down side prehaps. Have a look at the price of GFI a year ago and the price of gold at that same time to illustrate my point.
0 Kudos